Friday, August 22, 2008

Rainbows on My Wall

I look up and see these beautiful round dots of light from the sun coming through the window. They are mostly white, but some are lilac, lavender, pale green, yellow green, bright pink, periwinkle, sea foam,and coral. All in a circular pattern. I think they are from my mosaic plate on my coffee table. It makes me want more colored glass or at least glass cut in a way that would show rainbows.


I remember when I was younger I wanted clouds on my ceiling and rainbows on my walls. I wanted sunsets, beaches, palm trees, and starry skies. An adult joked about Hendrix on my bed. Nah! I just want to play the guitar like him.

I imagined murals and pictures evolving and changing. So I wouldn’t be stuck looking at the same thing all the time. Now I'd add mountains and leaves that change colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words