Friday, February 13, 2009

For Linda



I know it’s late, but I didn‘t forget. She’s one of the kindest, most caring, and generous people I know. In her car, she lets me play my punk rock music and sing as loud as I want. We have fun together, talking. We could be going to the dreaded doctors, walking, heading to the store for last minute Christmas Eve supplies or getting lost at the 


airport. She’s seen me at my best and at my worst. Through it all we laugh. If I could have anyone in the world be my mother-in-law I’m glad it’s you. The next time I see you. Let’s play Scrabble, Uno, and Tri Dominoes. You can snack on gummy candies and we’ll eat cherry cheesecake. Be prepared to show me the things you have crocheted, your needlework, and of course your latest scrapbooks. I miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words