Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ice Skating



I love to ice skate. To me it’s the closest thing to flying. Listening to cool music, watching people in their own spaces and pathways. Being aware of this space trying not to crash into each other. Sometimes we do. They fall, pick themselves up, and start over. There are gliding dancers on the ice, practicing their moves. Others clutch at the walls barely moving. There are couples skating together. Parents encouraging their children. Groups of friends laughing and playing. Teenagers flirting and playing chase. Just cause I love it doesn’t mean I’m any good at it, but I do it anyway..
John only went around the rink twice. He even traded skates, but he was having feet issues. As they say in Texas "Bless his heart!"

This time I didn’t even wear a helmet. Talk about feeling free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words