Monday, March 8, 2010

mockingbird

"...I think I'll be a clown when I get grown." "Yes sir, a clown," he said. "There ain't one thing in this world I can do about folks except laugh, so I'm gonna join the circus and laugh my head off."
"You know you got it backwards."... "Clowns are sad, it's folks that laugh at them,"
"Well I'm gonna be a new kind of clown. I'm gonna stand in the middle of the ring and laugh at the folks. Just looka yonder," he pointed, "Everyone of 'em oughta be ridin' broomsticks"...

how do you kill a mockingbird? you wait for it silently to cry. you sneak up on it when it's unsuspecting and surprise it. then you steal away its soul. it's just a mockingbird anyway. not anything original, the pretender, the fraud. no one wants to be a mockingbird by the way, do they? ...hush little baby, don't say a word.... gonna buy you a mockingbird...
what would you rather have? what is the real thing? the one who makes up their own songs? or copies someone elses?







1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing, LOVE IT! I think I like the idea of them copying someone elses song! I don't know why ha!

    Xx http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words