Monday, June 14, 2010

janis

i love the way she dressed. i like some of the things she said & the songs she sang. I don't agree with all the choices she made.
quotes from Janis Joplin: Now that I'm here, where am I?

If I hold back, I'm no good. I'm no good. I'd rather be good sometimes, than holding back all the time.

On stage I make love to twenty five thousand people; and then I go home alone.”
Rock on out.

Texas is OK if you want to settle down and do your own thing quietly, but it's not for outrageous people, and I was always outrageous.
Sign
Capricorn
Died
October 4, 1970(Aged 27)

Name
Janis Joplin
Height
5' 7" (170 cm)
Hair Color
Brown - Dark
Date of Birth
Birthplace
Port Arthur, Texas
Cause of Death
Drug overdose


Audiences like their blues singers to be miserable.”

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.”

Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.

Guess what, I might be the first hippie pinup girl.”

I always wanted to be an artist, whatever that was, like other chicks want to be stewardesses. I read. I painted. I thought.

I got treated very badly in Texas. They don't treat beatniks too good in Texas. Port Arthur people thought I was a beatnik, though they'd never seen one and neither had I.

I won't quit to become someone's old lady.

I'm one of those regular weird people.
When I sing, I feel like when you're first in love. It's more than sex. It's that point two people can get to they call love, when you really touch someone for the first time, but it's gigantic, multiplied by the whole audience. I feel chills.”

You got to get it while you can”
As a matter of fact, as we discovered on the train, tomorrow never happens, man. It's all the same f***ing day, man.”

It's gonna be a long hard drag, but we'll make it” Why should I hold back now and sound mediocre just so I can sound mediocre twenty years from now?”

It's hard to be free but when it works, it' s worth it!”

Fourteen heart attacks and he had to die in my week. In MY week.”

One of my talking points will be the accident of geography.”

What's happening never happens there”

absolute poison.”

Which showed that my interest in rock was not based in a vast knowledge of their work. It was about them.”

nonsense environment.”

Buried Alive in the Blues.”

She was electrifying. It was like she was channeling Bessie Smith or something.”

because they're not what you call in the groove.”

Freedom's just another word for nothin left to loose. Nothin, don't mean nothin honey if it ain't free. And feelin good was easy, Lord, when he played the blues. You know feelin good was good enough for me, good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.”























1 comment:

  1. I know, the video is very sad isn't it? IT reallly is a tragic situation. I love all your pictures. 60's culture is SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words