Monday, July 5, 2010

bowie



i watched an episode of david bowie on biography. here are some little tidbits. his real name is davy jones, and he didn't want to be confused with davey jones the lead singer for the band monkees so he changed his name. his eyes are two different colors from a bully hitting him in the face for being different. he was down to 80lbs when he was coked out. he produced the music for lead singer of velvet underground solo act lou reed. he also produced and saved iggy pop's life by getting him out of the insane asylum. they both eventually got clean. he and john lennon wrote the song fame together.

Fame lyrics by(David Bowie/John Lennon/Carlos Alomar)
Fame, makes a man take things over
Fame, lets him loose, hard to swallow
Fame, puts you there where things are hollow
Fame
Fame, it's not your brain, it's just the flame
That burns your change to keep you insane
Fame
Fame, what you like is in the limo
Fame, what you get is no tomorrow
Fame, what you need you have to borrow
Fame
Fame, "Nien! It's mine!" is just his line
To bind your time, it drives you to, crime
Fame
Could it be the best, could it be?
Really be, really, babe?
Could it be, my babe, could it, babe?
Really, really?
Is it any wonder I reject you first?
Fame, fame, fame, fame
Is it any wonder you are too cool to fool
Fame
Fame, bully for you, chilly for me
Got to get a rain check on pain
Fame
Fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame
Fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame
Fame, fame, fame
Fame
What's your name?
(whispered)
Feeling so gay, feeling gay

other cool bowie quotes:
"I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring."

"I believe that I often bring out the best in somebody's talents."

"I felt I really wanted to back off from music completely and just work within the visual arts in some way. I started painting quite passionately at that time."

"I felt I really wanted to back off from music completely and just work within the visual arts in some way. I started painting quite passionately at that time."

"I never could get over the fact that The Pixies formed, worked and separated without America taking them to its heart or even recognizing their existence for the most part."

"I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music."

"I'm always amazed that people take what I say seriously. I don't even take what I am seriously."


"On the other hand, what I like my music to do to me is awaken the ghosts inside of me. Not the demons, you understand, but the ghosts."


"Pixies and Sonic Youth were so important to the eighties."


"Sometimes you stumble across a few chords that put you in a reflective place."


"The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time."


"There, in the chords and melodies, is everything I want to say. The words just jolly it along. It's always been my way of expressing what for me is inexpressible by any other means."

"I've never responded well to entrenched negative thinking."




















No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words