Saturday, January 29, 2011

the carrie diaries


..."What if I'm a princess on another planet? And no one on this planet knows it?"
  
 That kind of question still kind of blows me away. I mean, isn't it the truth? Whoever we are here,We might be princesses somewhere else. Or writers, or scientists, or presidents or whatever the h#ll we  want to be that everyone else says we can't...



Candace Bushnell, as a teen.

..."I guess I figured out awhile ago that most people  can't help what they do."..."And what they usually do doesn't have anything to do with you. I mean, people kind of instinctually do what's best for them at the time and think about the consequences later, right?"...
.


...How is this possible? How can a three month relationship end in less than fifteen minutes? But the world can change in seconds. There are sudden car accidents and deaths. They say you're luck if you know someone is going to die, because that way you have time to say goodbye...



...How can you be a feminist when you treat other women like dirt?...
from The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words