Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Heart Is Not A Size

...I drew my camera to my eye and snapped a photograph. I went around the circle taking photos-portraits for later. So that whatever happened here would be real, wouldn't be erased by time. Could go home with me, to my family...

...Sometimes color is all there is; and as the sun now fell fast. I photographed it's dying pink until the moon was higher than the sun an it was shadows. I saw thorough my camera's eye-blues leaning into blacks and blacks spattered through with violet...

...What makes it so that they don't up and quit? " Sophie asked.

   "This is their life," Mrs. K said. "They make the best of it."

..."You can want something more than you can say. That doesn't mean it's yours."...

   ...There was no measure for the people we were becoming, no limit to what we might become...

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words