Friday, January 7, 2011

Revolution

..."One day in 1974, a man named David Gilmour was sad...So what? Who cares? I do. Why? Because of that incredible phrase. Because it endures. When you can write music that endures, bravo. Until then, keep quiet and study the work of those who can."...

..."Pick it up!" he shouts. "Pick it up and play something. It's the least you can do. You nearly killed us both."
So I do. Crappily. Because my hands are shaking. I start with "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Which seems fitting in the circumstances. Then "Far Away Eyes." And "Fool To Cry." And then stop to warm my hands.
Nick doesn't say anything. He's totally quiet and I'm guessing he's still really mad or thinking I suck, but then he says. 
"That was Amazing. Play something else."
"I can't. My fingers are frozen."...
Jennifer Donnelly
..I wish I could I could stop  messing up but I don't know how. What is it that mends broken people? Jesus? Chocolate? New shoes? I wish someone would tell me. I wish I had an answer. Once I asked Nathan what the answer was. I thought he might know, considering all he's been through, but he told me i have to find it for myself. Everybody has to...

"Life's all about the revolution, isn't it?" he said.

   "The one inside, I mean."..

..."A little kid was crying, refusing to walk by it. Her nanny was dragging her in to get a Happy Meal and she kept saying she didn't want to be happy."...



..."I can't help wondering how a child's heart can be so small and so big all at once."...




No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words