Wednesday, January 19, 2011

temple grandin

We have got to work on keeping these children engaged with the world.
Temple Grandin 

A treatment method or an educational method that will work for one child may not work for another child. The one common denominator for all of the young children is that early intervention does work, and it seems to improve the prognosis.
Temple Grandin 
I can remember the frustration of not being able to talk. I knew what I wanted to say, but I could not get the words out, so I would just scream.
Temple Grandin 

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a good teacher.
Temple Grandin 
I like to figure things out and solve problems.
Temple Grandin 

I use my mind to solve problems and invent things.
Temple Grandin 

One of my sensory problems was hearing sensitivity, where certain loud noises, such as a school bell, hurt my ears. It sounded like a dentist drill going through my ears.
Temple Grandin 
People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet.
Temple Grandin 


I was also very touch sensitive; scratchy petticoats felt like sandpaper ripping off my skin. There is no way a child is going to function in a classroom if his or her underwear feels like it is full of sandpaper.
 Temple Grandin


When I was a little child I had problems with eating in the cafeteria. The chairs would be jerking in and out, and there was a noise overload.
 Temple Grandin

Some autistic children cannot stand the sound of certain voices. I have come across cases where teachers tell me that certain children have problems with their voice or another person's voice. This problem tends to be related to high-pitched ladies' voices."
Temple Grandin 

Research is starting to show that a child should be engaged at least 20 hours a week. I do not think it matters which program you choose as long as it keeps the child actively engaged with the therapist, teacher, or parent for at least 20 hours a week.
Temple Grandin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

if the spirit moves you, type some words