Tuesday, March 1, 2011

color scheme of the week

In honor of the two dead skunks I saw on my commute yesterday (just kidding). I really did see the roadkill.Welcome to Springtime in Texas. Honestly though I already had chosen black & white before...
New to me $1.00 black & white thrift store find. I put a black tank under so you could see it better.
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Zakk Wylde guitar
I need a new acoustic since I sold my old one last week.
Here's another blouse I bought at the thrift store for you guessed it $1.00.


Nail polish colors of the week displayed on the zebra towels from my guy's bathroom.

Purse of the week that I picked up at some vintage store yrs. ago.


Here's a close up of the quirky & eclectic buttons on the cardigan.


Below isn't a video so much as just a cover version of the song "Black and White Boy" played by someone else. It's the best version I could find, since apparently the band Crowded House doesn't have decent videos of this song (wth?).

Black and White Boy Lyrics
Artist(Band):Crowded House


Black and white boy 
black and white boy 
you're so extreme 
you're so confused 
color me in whatever mood I'm in 
I could be still in touch with you
And you're full of the wonder of spring
it's all sweetness and lightness you bring
and a room full of people fall to your infinite charm
but when darkness should quickly descend
you go quietly, my miserable friend
to the depths of despair you will crawl
black and white boy

Black and white boy
black and white boy
you're so extreme
you're so confused
color me in
whatever mood I'm in
I could be still
in touch with you

When you shake off the shadows of night
and your eyes are so clear and so bright
you'll make fools of the liars and creeps
put a rose in my cheeks
but when demons have climbed on your back
you are vicious and quick to attack
and you put on a wonderful show
do you really, really think I don't know?
black and white boy

And you run like a cat to the cream
and you're acting so nice it's obscene
you put on a wonderful show
do you really, really think I don't know?
black and white boy



1 comment:

if the spirit moves you, type some words