Tuesday, May 15, 2012

soft blue in a clouded sky

Today, I'm linking up with Two Birds Inspiration.

Today's inspiration is
 
Reese Witherspoon

excerpts from Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
...Saturated like hand-dyed silk, especially after midnight, when the candy colors fall into shadow and striae of ink tones emerge,
My dress is thrifted.

deepest violets, berry blues, ruby reds, and burnished gold. The green foliage seems to be cut from velvet, framing the autumnal bud that sparkle like beads in tiny bursts of indelible color...
My shoes are thrifted.

from Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
...The stucco on the Mediterranean houses is the color of orange circus peanuts; the doors are painted in shades of bubble-gum  cigars:



bright yellow, soft lilac, and hot pink. Garden walls are washed in vivid tones of bright white, magenta, periwinkle, trimmed in licorice black...
...Tall wooden fences are drenched in bright Kool-Aid blue...


from Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani 
...The coat, the luggage, my dress, the purse, the shoes, the stockings the hat, the gloves all fall away to cherry blossoms

When the wind kicks up the last day of spring and there's a snow shower of petals,
 
and the air fills with pink blossoms and all that is left behind are the bare branches where they once bloomed...
from Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani


Art Journal page
Spring smells like BBQ grills,
strawberries, grass

from Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani   
..Maybe the best thing an artist can do is leave her comfort zone. Maybe creativity is all about the guts to try something new, somewhere new. 

Art Journal page

 I close my eyes and reboot my imagination...I open them, the city, completely new to me, is a blur of deep blue split by seams of light...
from Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

Brava, Valentine
by Adriana Trigiani

...The night sky changes from midnight blue to steel grey. A small silver of powder blue moon pushes through the dark clouds. The moon doesn't throw much light, but it doesn't have to. I can see everything plainly: the road is dark, it's winding, and I have no idea where it leads...
from Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

16 comments:

  1. i love how descriptive you are! orange circus peanuts! i also love your dress. the ruffles add the perfect fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me spring doesn't smell like anything. My senses are all too focused on the blazing heat to smell anything. Along with the fact that my sense of smell isn't great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the line about the snow shower of petals. I always think that when the wind blows through the white blossomed trees.
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! I love the ruffles, it is fun and girly. Great colorful bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bag with all these great colors ! And the details of the dress collar are beautiful and romantic !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the thrifted dress and looks great with the black. it has such an edgy look with the hints of black!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello teddy, great inspiration and results, thanks for your comments like always... have a great week, big hug

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like so much this post. Every time better.
    Come to check out my new post, i´m sure you´ll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leaving one's comfort zone is a difficult thing to do but must be done sometimes! Love your white ruffled dress and your art journal pages are as always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, dear :) I gave you some blog awards.
    you can check them out from my freshest post.

    I love the first art journal page btw! those three are definitely my favourites when it comes to spring/summer. and you look really lovely in that light summerly dress :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful spring dress<3 i love reese's style!!! nice choice teddi!

    xx
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress is really pretty I like!
    Thank you for the sweet comment btw :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are such a fashion chameleon Teddi, one moment edgy another moment girly and still look great. I like this dress on you, the ruffles are so pretty!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Maybe the best thing an artist can do is leave her comfort zone." - love this! It reminds me of one of my favourite quotes - "Freedom does not exist within a comfort zone." :)

    You look so beautiful! That dress is the perfect summer dress. :)

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words