Wednesday, November 21, 2012

orange crushing


She 
from She may be the Song Summer Sings

gave me the 
Liebster Award 2nd Rround.

Below are her questions 7-11 and my answers.

Me in autumn of 2006

7.    
What is your favourite take-out place?

Lately it's been  
Jet's Pizza.

 I also like 
Subway, which was where I worked

when I first turned 16.



My orange vest is thrifted.

8.    If you had the chance to change

 your
name would you? And what would

you change it to?


Not anymore, because it's part of my

identity.
When I was younger, I would have.

 I never could decide on what name I liked best.


Me in autumn of 2006

9.    
What is the wallpaper on your cell-phone/computer?

The wallpaper on  my cell-phone is my nephew
Speed Racer.

The wallpaper on my computer is a photo collage of my husband stretching and running on the beach.


my art journal page written in September 2012

Today, when I told my guy my favorite part of his body was his brain.

I said, "What would happen if you got brain damage?
Then you wouldn't be the same.

What would I do?"


He said,
"Then you'd find a new part to be your favorite."

Yes, I would.


Left: Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2012 RTW
Right: Altuzarra Fall 2012 RTW


10. 
Who or what inspires you?

Art, music, words, fashion, childhood, wonder, nature,

 and the 1960's inspire me


Anna Sui Fall 2012 RTW

My twin nieces Lil Bug, and EJ
My nephew Baby JJ 

My nephew Speed Racer


11. If your house was on fire and you had a

chance to grab only five things before

leaving,
they would be…

1,  my laptop (it has all my music & photos)


2.  a mama remembers (a book my mom wrote in for me)


3.  the story my brother wrote me, before we moved


4.  whatever purse contains my wallet (driver's
license, credit cards, etc.)

5.  my baby scrapbook with my mom's handwriting,
 baby shower cards, and wrapping paper in it.



Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
 

17 comments:

  1. I woudln't know what to rename myself if someone forced me to do so either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your pics!
    Thanks for answering, I love your handwriting!

    She xx
    She may be the Song that Summer Sings

    ReplyDelete
  3. those photos of you in 2009 are so cool and have this kind of nostalgic and retro vibe going on. and once again I enjoyed reading your answers. you're so good at answering those award questions! ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel inspired by the 60s as well.. that's my favorite decade of all.. late 60s to be exact... would have loved to be BFF with janis joplin!..
    congrats on the award!
    and I just added pumpkin to my bucket list haha.. it's not very common to see pumpkins here, I think they only bring them during halloween and that's it.. not much pumpkin fans in my town..
    stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Altazurra outfit!! Well above the red stripes that is, I'm not totally digging those. The slightly puffed-up shoulders and slim arms are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the orange. That is so cute what your hubby said about finding a new favorite part :) I love reading all your answers.
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post as always

    http://etantmoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my dear friend! How are you?
    I love these collections .. Altuzarra ... the colors are cheerful and warm ... and so? is too cold?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This hat is great on you ! The babies are so cute !!! Your posts are full of life and love !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I love your art journal part about your husband's brains being your favorite part, that's so genuine and something that's so true! When we fall in love with someone, it's really their mind that we connect with, not their looks. Very, very sweet. :)
    And on my, that thrifted hat is pretty fantastic and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Teddi, I think your name is beautiful :). I love those pics of you with the hat, also the colors are perfectly Fall colors
    What you wrote on your art journal about your guy is very beautiful and romantic. Kisses my friend !

    Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I like your inspiration list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post. So nice to get to know you better. I definitely love the 60's style. I also love the color orange. Have you heard of Mandarin Orange Monday? You could post this on Lorik's link party.
    http://www.lorikart.com/2012/11/mandarin-orange-monday-20.html
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that journal page is so perfect!! i love it. subway was my first job, too..i couldn't eat subway for quite a while after that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! Thanks for sharing sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, the "what would you change your name to" is an interesting kinda question. I love asking my friends what name I look like. I'm told that if I wasn't a Sabrina, I'd be a Christina or Samantha!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words