Wednesday, October 30, 2013

do leopards meow or purr?

I do.
I also growl, and bark, sometimes.

Some old outfits when I wore leopard print.
These posts are shown herehere, and here.



Juicy Couture Fall 2013 RTW

Left: Albino Fall 2013 RTW
Right: Burberry Prorsum Fall 2013 RTW


I saw this Beyond Biba movie, a few weeks ago,
and thoroughly enjoyed it

Barbara Hulanicki Beyond Biba movie watch here.
It's beyond inspiring! 



In case you don't see the movie:
Here are some of Barbara's architecture and interior designs.
Her website also shows Her fabric printsand
Her commercial illustrations.

Here's some more Barbara Hulanicki things:

This Biba Exposition is shown here.
(No, I've never seen it in person only online.)


Another look of the same exposition shown  here.
(Do you see the leopard print coat with hood?)




I dig 
Beck's version of Bob Dylan's Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat.
..."Yes, I see you got your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat
Well, you must tell me, baby
How your head feels under somethin’ like that
Under your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat"...

Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat by Bob Dylan





Here's my art journal page about leopard print:
Florida August 2007
Photo of:
Leopard Print
Hotel Hallway Carpet
Me and My Love

14 comments:

  1. I think I wanna watch that movie a.s.a.p.! ...looks like the kind of film I'd enjoy.. anyway, I adore leopard print, such a timeless and classic print, isn't it?...I've got a ton of things in that pattern..when I was little, maybe 10 or 8 years old, I made my mom decorate my room entirely in that print, I'm talking bed shams and sheets, pillows, furniture, lamps, rug in leopard print hahah way too much..
    Dear Teddi, I can't THANK YOU enough for your sweet comments, you are a doll, I appreciate your kind words... and yes, I've tried to draw when I'm "happy" but nothing comes up.. I just end up hating everything I draw.. I feel like it isn't real or true or just good enough.. it's like I enjoy to draw the things that hurt me or that I want to keep secret or I don't know.. am I twisted?...I just know I can't do a thing when ever my life is going well... It's like an illustrator's block... I might be doom for a lifetime of sadness... I'm kidding... I think :S Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems to me that leopard print is pretty much timeless and I like that fact. but only if people don't ruin it with their bad taste. by the way, I'm in love with that Burberry coat. it's absolutely gorgeous!
    oh and that woman you were talking about. gosh how amazing her creations are! I'm totally stunned!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  3. big fan of animal print here
    love all the pics and that bar area is to die for
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think I growl sometimes too!!
    I love leopard print, surprisingly! I don't think I've ever seen leopard print carpet before though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah I love Leopard print too! It's the new and exciting 'neutral' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Teddie your blog is so unique and fun! I felt so much joy watching all your creations and ideas! This time I am amazed by Barbara´s interior design! WOW great art. isn´t it! I think I have to wear my leopard print skirt once again ;) xox ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love leopard prints ! That hooded coat is so fabulous, Teddi ! I like your outfits and also your inspirational pics. I definately growl, ahahah =). Many kisses my friend !

    Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Embarrassing revelation - when I'm tired or in a rush, I'll resort to saying animal print, because I forget which patterns are associated with which big cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS: Here's another case in point - in university, it took me a ridiculously long time to realize that it was weird that my classmate's new kitten had spots and that is not normal. Turns out it's this rare quarter-leopard breed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy halloween! I absolutely love leopard print at the moment (I say at the moment because I use to really hate it!) but now I just can't get enough :)

    Hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sort of obsessed with leopard print too! I think I would like the Beyond Biba movie, but the link only works in the US, I will have to find another way to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how I love leopard. it's such a fab neutral that goes with everything! you came up with some awesome creative leopard outfits.

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

if the spirit moves you, type some words